Otto is a fast-growing SaaS startup that offers automation tools catered to the eye care industry, helping eye care practices to streamline workflows, drive sales, and improve their patient experience. With your help, we will expand our capabilities to reach deeper into the eyecare space, and ultimately deploy our powerful suite of tools in entirely new verticals.
We officially launched in March of 2021 and have already experienced wide-spread adoption across Canada and the United States. Since day one we’ve marched to the beat of our own drum, forging new trails in the technologically desolate eyecare space and ignoring conventions in the spirit of delivering real change where change is due, both in eyecare and in the tech space overall.
We’ve never subscribed to the idealistic daydreaming and back-patting that is so rampant in tech startups. Instead, we’ve kept our feet on the ground and built amazing tools that solve real-world problems for our users. The result has been hockey-stick shaped growth that has far exceeded even our most optimistic projections.
You love building great software and can’t wait to employ your design smarts to develop custom graphical widgets, high performance dashboards, and intuitive user interfaces. You enjoy working with a small team of energetic problem solvers on ambitious projects and advanced features. You’re willing to go the extra mile without being asked.
We only get one crack at this life so why not surround ourselves with people whose company we enjoy. Above all else, if you’ve got an open mind, relaxed attitude, and a sense of humor, we’ll all enjoy our journey to world domination.
About the Job
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, passionate team of founders that have built a successful product which is ready to scale. You will have boundless freedom and the ability to create the work-life you choose. Whether you’re stationed in Tuktoyaktuk, Tokyo, or Timbuktu, we don’t care, and if you’re your most productive poolside with a margarita in hand, or burning candles and basking in the silky melodies of Frank Sinatra, knock yourself out. All that matters to us is the quality of your output and that you’re a good team player.
Tech Skills You’ll Need
- Strong understanding of SCSS/SASS/LESS
- Experience with mobile-friendly or responsive web design
- Solid understanding of web security and authentication approaches and concerns
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with end-users
- Familiarity with software development processes and practices in an agile continuous integration environment
- Experience using Git & GitHub
- Experience with design software (Sketch, Figma, Adobe)
- Experience with cloud services (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with PHP
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Pay taxes in Canada
- Willing and able to work remotely
How to Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com